You want to do a new installation of Aptana RadRails IDE in Mandriva as an eclipse plugin.
- Install eclipse first (selecting openjdk when prompted):
sudo urpmi eclipse
- According to the instructions here take the following steps:
- From the Help menu in Eclipse, select Software Updates
- Select the Available Sotware tab
- Click the “Add Site..” button.
- Specify the Location Url update site: http://update.aptana.com/update/studio/3.4/ and click OK
- Select the checkbox next to the added update site.
- Click the install button.
- Complete instruction to install from update site and restart eclipse
- Go to ‘My Aptana’ page and then the ‘Plugins’ tab on the top
- Click on Aptana Rad Rails ‘Get It’ link and get through the next sequence of screens select ‘ok’.
- Restart Eclipse and RadRails should now be installed.