You are trying to set up kubernetes on your local machine but trying to use initialize it with kubeadmin init, returns the following error:
[init] Using Kubernetes version: v1.18.3
[preflight] Running pre-flight checks
error execution phase preflight: [preflight] Some fatal errors occurred:
[ERROR Swap]: running with swap on is not supported. Please disable swap
[preflight] If you know what you are doing, you can make a check non-fatal with `--ignore-preflight-errors=...`
To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher
Switch the swap to off (Ubuntu command below) and try again.
You would like to test worldPing (https://worldping.raintank.io/worldping/) in your local environment for evaluation purposes.
- Install Grafana with docker as described here (https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/installation/docker/) and give it a name (ie grafana)
- Login to the grafana container and install the worldPing plugin:
$ docker exec -it grafana /bin/bash
bash-5.0$ grafana-cli plugins install raintank-worldping-app
- Exit from the container and stop and start it
$ docker stop grafana
$ docker start grafana
- Login to your grafana installation on the browser (localhost:3000) and go to the section for the plugins to find worldPing
- To be able to enable it you will need an API key from Grafana Cloud, so create a free account (https://grafana.com/signup/starter/connect-account)
- Create an API key (Security – API Keys – Add API Key)
- Go back to Grafana web UI and add the API key so you can enable the worldPing. Add an endpoint to check and select the services to check (DNS, Ping, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Leave it running for a few minutes and check the dashboards afterwards.
- Remember to Disable if you want to go back to it again in the near future, or Destroy the endpoint if you do not need it anymore.