You have just created your first instance in Dreamhost’s new service DreamCompute using OpenStack and you would like to login with ssh, but you get ‘Permission Denied’.
The solution is described here, and it’s the fact that the user name that you need to use is not your Dreamhost account name, or the DreamCompute dashboard user anme but the the username called:
NOTE: It seems that is also described here, at the bottom.
In order to be able to use Elixir with the help of Docker, so that you can run different containers with different versions, and to have a shared code folder, you could follow the steps below:
- Install docker in your system. Installation instructions for different systems are here
- Download the elixir image from the Docker Hub:
sudo docker pull trenpixster/elixir
- List the images on your host:
sudo ps docker images
- Start a specific version of the elixir docker container (ie elixir 1.0.3):
sudo docker run -t -i trenpixster/elixir:1.0.3 /bin/bash
- Use a shared folder with code between the docker container and your host:
sudo docker run -v /home/user/Prog:/Prog -t -i trenpixster/elixir:1.0.3 /bin/bash
where the folders after the -v option are /home/user/Prog (host) and /Prog (docker)
- Use a port forwarding:
sudo docker run -p 8000 -v /home/user/Prog:/Prog -t -i trenpixster/elixir:1.0.3 /bin/bash