You would like to host a new git repository in Gitorius.
Assuming that you have created your initial ruby on rails application, and you have git installed, you can follow the steps below:
- Create a new account in Gitorious
- Copy your public ssh key (usually in ~./ssh) to your new account in Gitorius
- Create a new project in Gitorius (ie My Project)
- Add a new repository in Gitorius (ie My Git Repository)
- On your local development host initialise the git repository in your project’s directory:
- Add your remote hosting repository:
git remote add origin email@example.com:my-project-name/my-git-repo.git
- Add your project files:
git add .
- Do your initial commit:
git commit -m "Initial commit"
- Push your project to the Gitorious repository:
git push origin master