You have recently installed Mandriva 2009 and you want to install phusion passenger.
- First make sure that apache is installed. If it is not installed (default), do:
On the selection question about the dependencies select option 1 (apache-prefork)
- Use the details from the phusion passenger website. ie:
gem install passenger
- Run the passenger installation:
- If at the second stage of the installation the installer complains that GNU C++ compiler … not found, install the gnu c++ compiler, with:
- Run the passenger installation (step 3) again. If at this stage the installer complains that Apache 2 development headers … not found, use:
- Run passenger installer (step 3), once more. Now everything should be ok and the apache 2 module will be installed when the installer finishes.
- Restart the Apache webserver, and you should be able to add your Rails application. Use the following to deploy your application in /somewhere/public:
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName www.yourhost.com DocumentRoot /somewhere/public </VirtualHost>