You would like to use OpenStreet maps in your Garmin GPS, and be able to use navigation.
- Download the program mkgmap from here
- Download the map for the country you want from here
- Unzip the downloaded files to a folder ie (map_for_a_country)
- Unzip the mkgmap and run the following to create a map that you can upload to your Garmin’s SD /Garmin/ directory
- Rename gmapsupp.img to country_name.img and upload to your Garmin
./mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp --index --route --description="Country_Name" $( ls /map_for_a_country/*.img )
NOTE: You might need to run java –jar mkgmap.jar …