You would like to convert times in MySQL with the CONVERT_TZ function and to be able to use timezone names (ie CE).
- Find out if your MySQL includes timezone information as it is not included by default. Log in and run : select count(*) from mysql.time_zone_name;
- If the result is 0 then the timezone information is not included
- Log out from your MySQL server on the command prompt and upgrade your server with: mysql_upgrade -p
- On the command prompt again load up the table with the data (linux server): mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo/ | mysql -u root -p mysql/li>
- Login to your MySQL server again and run the first query: select count(*) from mysql.time_zone_name;