You want to use ActiveScaffold in Rails 2.2, in a model that you have created using the standard Rails scaffolding script.
- Install the ActiveScaffold plugin:
script/plugin install git://github.com/activescaffold/active_scaffold.git -r rails-2.2
- In your layout (model or application for all models) add the following:
- In your controller file delete all the standard scaffolding code and add one line, so that your new controller should look like:
class SomethingsController < ApplicationController active_scaffold :something end
- To configure a RESTful scaffold add the following to your route.rb file:
map.resources :somethings, :active_scaffold => true
- Delete the views that were created from the standard rails scaffolding in the views/somethings folder (edit, show, index ...)
- Restart your server
You should now have an active scaffold for your model.