You are using the script/dbconsole utility in Rails (with sqlite), and you want to exit the application but the usual keystrokes/commands like quit, exit, Ctrl + C don’t work.
You have to use the following keyword, paying particular notice in the leading dot (.exit):
You want to work with sqlite3 in Mandriva (2009), but the standard installation doesn’t work, and you cannot use urpmi sqlite3.
You need to install the sqlite3 command line tools, like:
You have recently installed Mandriva 2009 and you want to install phusion passenger.
- First make sure that apache is installed. If it is not installed (default), do:
On the selection question about the dependencies select option 1 (apache-prefork)
- Use the details from the phusion passenger website. ie:
- Run the passenger installation:
- If at the second stage of the installation the installer complains that GNU C++ compiler … not found, install the gnu c++ compiler, with:
- Run the passenger installation (step 3) again. If at this stage the installer complains that Apache 2 development headers … not found, use:
- Run passenger installer (step 3), once more. Now everything should be ok and the apache 2 module will be installed when the installer finishes.
- Restart the Apache webserver, and you should be able to add your Rails application. Use the following to deploy your application in /somewhere/public: